Sunday, February 18, 2024

Doncaster 2024

 

A somewhat damp trip up the motorway (if you have automatic lights, switch them ON!) delivered me to The Festival of British Railway Modelling. According to Facebook, it's ten years since I took my first BRM project layout "Edgeworth", now I display a range of projects carried out since then. 

Some have been many times before. The Wagon kits in every scale display still attracts loads of attention. TBH, I'd have expected not to be taking it any more because people would be bored of it, but no, it is still popular. Grandad's Trains is still the star attraction, but closely followed by the railway in a cake cover. 

It's nice that people enjoy these, and are so keen to chat about actually building models. Of course, this means I spend all weekend gassing, and hardely get out from behind the stand!

When I did, I carried out a couple of photo shoots, which pretty much filled my layout watching time. Not that big a problem, as the show was busy. Very busy. Several layouts were two deep all weekend - gratifying for the builders, and a sign that the hobby is far from being on its last legs. 

I did grab a few photos though: 





Thanks to Ian from West Hill Wagon Works, for dropping off a couple of delicious pieces of rocky road cake, and to the Elaine's trains team who organise our trip to the fish'n'chip restaurant for food on Saturday night. 

Good weekend? Yes. Next stop, Glasgow...


1 comment:

Paul K said...

It was good to meet you for the first time Phil. Yes, it was busy. Despite going round several times there were some layouts I still never managed to get a good look at! Good that it was a success following the recent run of less than encouraging news.