Thursday, February 15, 2024

Permanent Way Clearance Car

 

Permanent Way Clearance Car

My Dad has been busy building a Timpdon Models Permanent Way Clearance Car. This clever bit of kit should help us get the garden railway working this year. 

At one end, as a set of profiles that can be set to the loading gauge of your largest locomotive - in this case Ragleth - so we can test that it's not going to whack anything when running. I know I could just push the loco around, but this is far less vulnerable. 

Painting the wasp stripes was easier than expected. The yellow base coat was entirely masked with Frogtape, and then using the etched lines, I cut away the black areas and sprayed them. I assume that cutting pushed the tape into the etched lines giving me an excellent seal. At least that's the only explanation I can come up with for such a neat job first time!

https://www.timpdon.co.uk/timpdon/tmwagons_clearance.htm

The rest of the wagon is sanding sealed and then sprayed with Sea Grey, a colour we have plenty of from battleship building. It looks appropriate though. 

Let's just hope it works!

1 comment:

James Finister said...

The level is a key component. People don't always realise how important it is for getting good running, and that it can change ver time