Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dry Tomsk

To my amazement everything has dried out. Plugging all the electric bits together gave the correct lights on the speed control. A tentative push of the control stick and the motor roared into life. The rudder worked too. Tomsk was alive !
Now I don't want to go through this again so I don't plan to tow big heavy boats any more. A bit of research on the interweb has provided some pictures of some lighters that would be much more suitable for my craft. These don't look too difficult to build.
I've also made some changes to the boat. Since the receiver is vulnerable to water I've sealed it in a plastic bag. If there is to be a future run to the bank I don't want the electrics letting me down.
I've also filled what little spare space there is in the hull with polystyrene. I doubt that this will provide sufficient buoyancy to stop Tomsk sinking but it might slow the decent, again giving me a chance to get out of trouble.
I'm not planning to test this though !

No comments: