Monday, May 14, 2007

Tomsk floats


tomsk floats
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Now Tomsk is sort of watertight I can test him in the pool. I was told that you should be able to water-ski behind a tug not pulling a load, well that I’ve managed. Flick the control into full speed quickly and he gets up on the plane like no other boat I’ve seen. Accelerate slowly though and the bow digs in and he tries to be a submarine.

While the hull sits reasonably level on the water while stationary, the weight distribution needs sorting out properly. I’ll move the little bit of lead around inside and try to get the speed control out of the nose as well.

The best news is the power on tap. I reckon that 200g of push is needed to move the towing competition boat, Tomak has at least 250g available so I don’t think I’ll embarrass myself like it do with the model boat racing…

No comments: