Friday, November 07, 2008

Boat Show Day 1


Pilot boat
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Starting a show on a Friday seems odd to me. Worse, I spent the whole of Thursday thinking it was Friday. It was a surprise when "The News Quiz" didn't turn up on the radio at 6:30 until I realised my mistake.

Anyway the day dawned and we turned up at the show only to be turned back and told to use a different car park. Apparently the recent rain had reduced capacity in the normal one so exhibitors were being kept out to save the space for punters. Not to worry as we ended up parked around the back of the hall, which is so much easier for carrying purchases out to the car !

Inside the crowds arrived pretty early and the hall filled with people. For most of the morning it was difficult to move around, something that didn't change until early afternoon.

Highlight (I think) of the day was being interviewed for Central ITV news by a very attractive presenter who's name I don't know. Cutbacks have hit the local TV media as she was operating the camera and sound as well. My bit involved showing her how to work a model boat, comically crashing it into the side and sailing around a bit. IF I make the telly, you'll have to spot me quickly as I doubt I'll be on screen for less than 20 seconds despite the shooting taking about ten minutes and about a dozen takes. I got the job because they needed a bright, large and easy to sail boat. And I had Pigeon Pie on the stand ready to go.

Anyway, I took some pictures which you can see here.

No comments: