Friday, July 24, 2015
Friday Facts about the Triang Giraffe Car
The Interweb is full of FACTS so here are a few about the R.348 Triang Giraffe Car:
1) The model was in the catalogue from 1963 to 1971 with the exception of 1970 when it was mysteriously absent.
2) Like many Triang operating accessories, the inspiration was a Lionel O gauge model.
3) According to the 1969 catalogue, the Giraffe's name is Georgina. Previously it had been referred to as Georgie.
4) Due to the box inner not including a hole for the left ear, this tends to be knocked off in transit. 2-eared giraffe's are rare and you can normally point out the missing Auris. I've bagged a few discounts this way.
5) It is the best model railway wagon ever made. Why it has never been re-introduced is a mystery.