Thursday, February 09, 2017

Painted people

People on the painting stick

Due to a tight deadline, the 7mm scale gangers were painted around a trip to the pub. Before I went, the skin received a coat of Lifecolor acrylic - base colour and then a dry-brush of lighter flesh. This was left to dry while I enjoyed a couple of pints. You don't want to be handling wet paint after all. 

Back home, the rest of the work involved Humbrol enamels, except for the spade blade which was left in the raw whitemetal.

For speed, I didn't worry about highlighting the colours. Instead I relied on some shading with Citadel Agrax Earthshade ink to do the work. It is particularly effective on the white (Humbrol 147) shirt of the sitting man. I prefer to shade with brown rather than black as the results are a lot less severe. 

In case you are wondering, the figures are fixed down to the painting stick with superglue. Once dry, they are simply snapped off and fitted into place on the layout.

No comments: