Tuesday, October 24, 2017

2CV kit


This kit has been calling to me every time I see the Hobby Holidays stand at shows.  At Peterborough, I cracked and handed over my money, all £6.99.

No idea why, I'm a VeeDub fan really, but I just fancied sticking something together without having to worry about it. Yes, I know I've got lots of kits stashed away, but everyone likes a bit of retail therapy sometimes.

Two things struck me when I opened the box - how small the model is (yes I should have worked it out from the scale) and how simple. Some will be saying, "£6.99 for THAT?!" but it's too late now.

A more interesting problem is that when I look for photos on-line, not being flush with books on French egg-carrying cars, this is a bit of an oddball. The bonnet and grille suggest, as far as I can tell, that's a prety early model. Not one I know and pictures aren't that common. Fortunately, I don't care much, this is a stick it together for the fun of building a kit job, not finescale.

2cv citroen

2 comments:

Andy in Germany said...

Oh, but the potential Phil: oddly coloured 'replacement' parts, extreme weathering, and/or a 16.5mm gauge chassis to make a railmotor, with trailer?

Phil Parker said...

One day perhaps. I'm never short of ideas!