Friday, December 08, 2017

Carrying paint tinlets with loose lids


I needed to carry some silver paint in my rucksack recently. Fearing the tin lids was a little loose, I looked around for a suitable container to put it in to stop spilt paint slopping around my bag.

My gaze fell upon a little empty jam pot, one of those you get from hotels, or in this case the cafe at the British Motor Museum. The tinlet fitted inside perfectly with the lid screwed on tight.

OK, I have to be careful the glass doesn't get broken, but these jars are tough little b****rs so short of swinging the back around and smacking it against walls, I'll be fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I grab loads of these whenever I can as they're very useful for putting tiny bits in with a bunch of other stuff to make finding them easier (especially with tiny tiny beads and findings for my jewellery).

Well worth having a few. And they provide a nice small jar when painting if pressed for space. Also useful for mixing paints if you prefer a jar to a pallette I guess.

Woz said...

G'day Phil,

Specimen containers also make good protective carriers & whilst being made of plastic they are not susceptible to smashing but rather may crack instead.
You could also put that lot in a resealable plastic bag for extra protection & piece of mind.
They come in various sizes to suit your needs too.

Cheers Woz