Sunday, December 31, 2017

Miss-chief on the water

Let's end 2017 with a finished project. After a few bumps along the way, my vintage speedboat, "Miss-Chief" is ready. 

Towards the end, I hit a few snags - the can of red spray I used disappeared with the rudder still to do. Its replacement isn't quite the same shade but close enough that I can live with it until the correct one re-appears. 

As I prepared the model for its launch, the steering servo stopped working. Replacing it wasn't too hard, but a half hour job I could have done without. 

You are, of course, expecting some action shots now. Well, sorry. You see I got the model to the water, and fired it up. The motor made a noise but there was no movement. I tried reverse, still nothing. 

Then I remembered. 

I'd taken the propeller off for painting and not put it back on. Oops.



Nick Brad said...

It could have been worse, you could have forgotten to tighten it and have it now lay on the bottom of the lake :)

Happy New Year to you and yours, here's to a great 2018. (In which I will finish those dioramas, but I need to locate a replacement Hornby viaduct as mine has vanished in to the darkest depths of storage)

Anonymous said...

I guess that gives you material for further blog entries next year.

Talking of next year, I hope it goes well.