Tuesday, August 28, 2018

It's MY commlock

One important detail on any commlock is the picture on the side. This shows the owner and presumably indicated the access they have to various parts of the base.

At least it would had the producers been hotter on the detail. Many photos exist of people using a commlock with someone else's photo on the side.  Even if the photo was right, there wasn't a guarantee that it would be the right way up. I'm guessing that there weren't that many props available and so the photo panels were removable.

In the kit, a couple of panels are included - Commander Koenig and Dr Russell, plus a blank one for personalisation. Stick your own photo on the blank bit and write in your name.

I went further and scanned the Koenig one in and then using some graphics software, added my mugshot to his shoulders along with some new text. I think it looks pretty convincing, and probably marks me out as a real nerd. 

3 comments:

KCD said...

Every mission needs a dogsbody. well done

Luke said...

Love you job title :)

James Finister said...

I like the photos being in B&W