Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Does red paint make it better?

 

Trying to reduce the impact of the buffers, I've tweaked the livery slightly over the prototype images I can find. Fully red beams with black faces look mahoosive, but painting the back beam black seems to help a bit. 

I'll admit they are still big lumps on a diminutive loco, but there's no point in having something that won't couple to my existing rolling stock. 

With a bit of luck, some weathering will take the edge off them too. Which means I need to connect up the airbrush, currenlty in use powering a steam loco chassis for a Garden Rail project...



2 comments:

Andy in Germany said...

Yes, they are mahoosive, but aesthetics were probably not a priority for the prototype operators; I doubt anyone said "You can't build it like that, it'll look ridiculous."

Matt Scrutton said...

I think it looks great