Friday, September 23, 2022

Lewin

Lewin

All done. A little tickle from the weathering powders, especially on the outer edges of the buffer beam where photos show rusty patches. 

The drive was a fiddle to fit, eventually he found a happy position himself, so I'll live with that. 

I'm a little disapointed that photos don't show coal piled up in front of the cab - it would be a nice detail but I assume the harbour was small enough that running back to the shed for fuel wasn't a problem. 

OK, I'm not responsible for most of the work on this model, but I'm pleased to take it from a box of bits to a nicely running locomotive which can now join the fleet in my display case. One project ticked off!

I hope the original builder would approve of what I've done anyway.

Lewin

2 comments:

MikeB said...

Really impressed with your finished buffers on this. I looked at some real life photos as you were building the model and your end result looks really good.

Phil Parker said...

Thanks Mike - The weathering has helped the model and blended things together nicely.