Thursday, August 10, 2017

Footstep restoration

"It appears you've lost one of the footstep mounts." said Anonymous when I started this project, and he/she was right.

Sorting this out was easier than expected. All the support brackets are plastic mouldings that plug into the diecast footplate without any glue fixing.

I simply pulled them all out and replaced them with bent bits of nickel silver strip from the spares box. This time, glue was involved. It also holds the real wood plank to the front and the plastic detailing parts on this. I've even used it to fix the bolt heads cut from microstrip to the metal.

All pretty painless and a useful method if you have a Gas Mechanical to repair. 

No comments: