Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The (nearly) cheapest loco kit in the world, finished.

Finished loco


Finally finished, the Phil Sharples loco is looking pretty good. Most importantly, I enjoyed mucking around with this kit quite a lot.

Nothing earth-shattering took place, but I tried a few new things and I've some ideas for future project.

The most important thing is the model is done. I speak to a lot of people who start a project, get stuck, or simply decide that it's not going quite as they hoped, and stop. Even if a model isn't the perfection you hope for, pushing on and getting the thing done is still a good exercise. An average or even poor finished model is better than another project dumped in the back of a cupboard.

And yes, this model did languish for a loooong while as work took over. The first pictures were taken a year ago and dribs and drabs of work were carried out with a final sprint towards the end when I decided I was going to get this done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like that! Fantastic build Phil - one to be very proud of.

Woody