Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Great British Model Railway Show 2019


With a new show, it's difficult to know what to expect. Obviously, there has been a model railway exhibition at the motor museum, Gaydon before. The Great Electric Train show started here, but they moved away to a bigger venue a couple of years ago. Now, toy trains are back, thanks to the Hornby Collectors Club.

As a writer for the magazine, I was invited along to bring some of the projects I've built along with a few BRM ones. My stand was at the top of the escalators as people came in, so I saw everything. Or, more accurately, everyone.

It was busy. By 2:30 on Saturday, I managed 5 minutes away from the stand to collect my lunch bag (sandwiches, crisps, water and an apple) but hadn't stopped talking.

And that's how it carried on. Busy. Lots of families. Lots and lots of chat with many people saying nice things about the stuff I do. My ego was well stroked!

What I didn't do was get out and about to see the show. Apart from a few photos taken before opening on Sunday, I have no idea what was going on. What I saw looked good - there was certainly no shortage of displays and a wide variety of layout types from P4 to live steam.

Anyway, you can see my photos on Flickr.

Cake - well after 2 days of sniffing freshly baked cookies being wheeled by me en route to the HCC members lounge, Montana took pity on me and delivered a cookie on Sunday. Well, I couldn't miss out, could I? Besides, I might have been grumpy in the video...


No comments: