Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Waterborne Wednesday: River container vessel


Not a great photo this one, and sadly not a shot of a real boat. This model in the Hong Kong Maritime museum shows a river container boat - the tiniest container boat you're likely to find and a definite candidate for a radio-controlled model.

Normal container ships are massive, but since I have seen these smaller versions in real life, even if I didn't get a picture, I could see the fun in making one. I'm pretty sure this isn't even the smalled variant out there, I'm sure I saw a 4 container version with them stacked at 90 degrees to those on this model.

1 comment:

Felix said...

Nice find. For very small container boats there is always this:
https://www.designboom.com/art/paolo-w-tamburella-at-the-venice-art-biennale-preview/