Thursday, July 06, 2023

Lego London

Lego London

I recieved a lot of lovely messages while in hospital, once of which suggested ordering some Lego to aliviate the boredom. A suggestion borne out of experience sadly. 

Once back home, I sort of took this advice and treated myself to a build using a kit I'd bought from the Leicester Square store when working at Ally Pally show earlier this year. 

Set 40569 is the London Postcard, and features Big Ben (OK, technically the Elizabeth Tower), Picadilly Circus, and the London Eye. Does anyone remember the fuss when the latter was built that meant it had to be described as temporary to get it through planning? Oh, and a red bus. 

The 277 pieces entertained me for over an hour, and I like the result. It's a bit of fun, which is what I needed. Perfect.

1 comment:

Woody said...

Great to see you are on the mend Phil. Time to dig out all those 'I will do that when I have some time' purchases as probably now is the time unless you are thinking of taking up baking and developing your own cake brand! All the best, Woody