Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Warehouse Wednesday: Pipework


The view from my hosptial ward wasn't exactly inspirational, but I did find the pipework running along the top of a nearby building interesting*. Some good joins in the yellow one for a start, and plenty of lagged black pipes too. There's a lot of detail in this shot, and it wouldn't be difficult to model. Start with some Kinghtwing pipes, and do the rest with bitws of wire wrapped in Rizla papers. 

*You can deduce from this, how bored I was. Or maybe how boring I am.

1 comment:

Huw Griffiths said...

Sounds like you were probably "climbing the walls" - either that or imagining bars painted on the windows.

Incidentally,for anyone who might have a job getting hold of Knightwing pipes (well, Knightwing anything, these days), I suspect it might be possible to do something similar using plastic kit runners (if necessary, bent to shape over a candle).

Since I don't smoke tobacco (or anything else, for that matter), I don't feel qualified to comment about the "Rizla papers" (except to say that I think they sell the things in Poundland - yes, even the big, brown ones) ... .