Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Need some black

 

Assembly starts well enough with a shelf stuck in one side of the main casting, but then it's time to move on to the cab area. 

Here, we find that everything is painted, except the black bits, which are self coloured. Were I a bit more with it, I'd get the airbrush out and shoot some Revell 9 over the sprue, but right now, I'll got for the easier opion of spot painting controls and pedals. 

Talking of these, someone at Pola didn't measure the holes as they are too large for the support. I'v flooded the hole with plastic cement and plonked the pedal in, with the plastic touching one edge. They stay upright, and in the morning are solid enough, just requiring the underside to be sanded flat again. 

Bit of a bodge there, but it works. 


2 comments:

BR60103 said...

Phil:
May I suggest the blue-light setting cement (my brand is Bondic). It fills holes and allows manipulation of the object until the ultra-violet is shone on it. Setting is very fast at that point (as long as it isn't too thick) but it may require 3 hands. I think you can leave it a long time before you set it.
It is not "glue" as it isn't really sticky -- it needs a mechanical join in some cases. My dentist uses similar stuff for fillings.

Phil Parker said...

I've tried the Revell version - it works, but Contacta worked fine here. A bit bodgy, but I got away with it.