Monday, November 05, 2007

Lighter shade of brown


lighter
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
For various reasons I wasn’t able to stray very far from the computer this weekend. Good news for my modelling I suppose as I could have little bursts of activity.

One job done was finishing the lighter (dumb barge) built for towing behind Tomsk & Puffin. My Dad built it and I had to paint it.

First coat was brushed on Humbrol black. I would have sprayed but couldn’t be bothered to set up the airbrush. Besides, brush painting is relaxing when you don’t have to worry about accuracy.

The airbrush then added some dirt in various shades of brown. I was aiming for a rusty hulk look. Difficult when the model is made of wood.

The load is a mix of lead (2kgs) then polystyrene, newspaper, sawdust and finally model railway ballast.

The final touch was dry-brushing the inside with rust and pale grey.

No comments: