Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Topping off Harpers Yard

I've been putting off tiling the Harpers Yard roof. Being too stingy to spring for laser-cut roof tiles, I planned to cut them out of paper and apply each one individually. Let's face it, there are so few it should be a quick job.

Only when I started did I remember that it's a dull job cutting the tiles out (7 by 5mm, a bit big but easy to measure) of paper. Worse, even when drawing lines on the roof, I never stick them on as neatly as I would like, not helped by the tiles all being a very slightly different size from each other.

At least this is a backscene building. Anything further forward will get Wills or pre-cut tiles...

Harper's Yard 
The finished model looks every bit as good as I hoped it would though. Building is simple and the design is perfect. Just what the sort of structure I like. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the individually made shingles look much better than the assembly line, cookie cutter ones do. Their slight differences contribute to the reality.

Tim Hale said...

Hi,
What is the origin of the building?
Thank you
Tim

Phil Parker said...

Petite Properties - Harpers Yard - https://www.petitepropertiesltd.com/1/76th-harper-s-yard-low-relief.html