Friday, September 25, 2020

More stock boxes

My dad id really getting in to this box making lark. After the success of a box for Willi, he moved on to the Piko "Clean Machine". 

Satisfied with this, it was on to a couple of Playmobil models and my LGB Flyer. 

Both the diesel and Flyer had boxes, admittedly the train set box it came in for the former, but these are much easier to use. Because they don't need to survive a drop-test, the models come in and out more easily than when they are encased in tight-fitting polystyrene. 

I know that I should revere the original boxes because, according to the web, the only reason to buy a model is to maintain it's value for future sale, but I don't think like that. I want to run my models and if they ever come up for sale, its probably because I'm no longer in a position to enjoy them that way. If that happens, I probably won't care.

2 comments:

Woz said...

G'day Phil,

Haa hhaaa, is your dad entrepreneurial & want to make Flat Pack Stock Boxes ?

Standby grass mix, how did you get it down to 1 container ?
I tend to use up what I've brewed together, I have a large box of scenic stuff of which can become expensive but once set up, top ups can seem quite cheap.

Did you read about Rod Stewart in Model Railway Magazines with his Special concoction of grass mix, in that the other fellows working on his Railroad (American prototype) they could see where he'd been due to his Special Mix containing some red within it.
So it turns out that Rod is colour blind & well I had a car that was Aqua-Marine but I couldn't see the Marine green only the Aqua blue colour.

Cheers Woz

Woz said...

G'day Phil,

I've recently been going to a mates place to race Scalextric slot cars on his track.
The Stock Boxes now come into there own with added shelves & a clear perspex slide in front sheet for added display purposes with keeping the dust out too.

Cheers Woz