Monday, March 21, 2011

B&B Couplings

Keith asked: Can you help me, I am trying to track down the inventor/maker of B&B Couplings.

I did a bit of digging and came up with: Sorry - I can't help with this. I thought ti might be Wizard Models (http://www.wizardmodels.co.uk/FrameSetShop.php?DM=wizabout) but they are DG & Spratt & Winkle only.

which wasn't much use. However a couple of days later, Keith answered his own question:

B&B Couplings in 2mm, 3mm and 4 mm versions as well as uncoupling magnets to suit, are available from

Derek Bunting
B&B Couplings
24 Layston Park
Royston
Herts
SG8 9DS

I post this in the hope it helps someone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The model railway club I am a meber of has been trying to source B & B couplings. This posting has been a great help. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil- any idea how much a fret of 3mm B&B's are these days?

Some in our 3milly group here in Essex are talking about moving to another coupler- dunno which/if yet!
...thanks for your time.

cheers
Bill


http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/35118-n-gauge-bb-couplings-construction/





Bill

Anonymous said...

If you are using HOe/009 gauge, what is the best coupler for shunting?

esHowin FromWill B & B be OK?

Phil Parker said...

Can't see why not. You'll probably need the smallest version though but I know people use them in 3mm scale.