Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Waterborne Wednesday: Taroo Ushtey

Tarroo Ushtey 3 quarter view

One of my favourites, the Taroo Ushtey is the Isle of Man Infrastructure Department's workboat and seen here, earlier this year, moored at Ramsey.

The name means "Water Bull" in Manx and the vessel has been around for many years. It's very high on my list of models to make when I get the time. A generous guy from the Manx Model Boat club, sent me a plan and I've already bought the crane in kit form from Macs Mouldings

In theory, this should be a simple enough scratchbuild from Plastikard. I'm sure there will be problems along the way, but if I can overcome the "I don't have time" one, then I'm sure the others can be surmounted.  

It is a good looking boat though. Or is it just me?


Tarroo Ushtey

3 comments:

Huw Griffiths said...

It's certainly got "character" - that's for sure.

As for whether or not something looks good - that's down to personal taste.

I like the look of it - but then I tend to prefer smaller stuff (boats as well as trains) than the giants that dwarf everything within a ten mile radius.

Anonymous said...

The trim looks terrible!

Is the bow down it's normal situation?

It looks like a Springer Tug variant.

Phil Parker said...

Don't know about the trim. I have other photos so will check. My model will sit flat though!