Monday, October 14, 2019

Night sailing


With the nights drawing in, last week saw the first evening sailing session at the model boat club. Needless to say, I've been far too busy to properly equip a boat with some lights, but the Richardson Tug I was given for Christmas does come with illuminations so it was pressed into service. 

On the water, the first problem was that I'd remembered tank steering and proceeded to wander around the lake with little control. After 5 minutes it dawned on me that the controls are conventional and we managed a lot better after that. 


Others had done a much better job with lights than me and their boats looked very pretty festooned with LEDs that should have been on a Christmas tree. It's not serious sailing, but then what's a hobby without a little fun? 

Star of the evening though, had to be the little dog who wore his special collar and insisted I provide him with a chip from my buttie!

 

No comments: