Monday, December 21, 2020

My first house

 

We aren't (currently) banned from having Christmas trees, so ours has gone up. Like many families, we have decorations that make come out of the box each year for nostalgic reasons rather than aesthetic ones. This is one of those. 

It's a model house I made when I was around 5. 

In the big tin shed/garage with a workbench, I made my mum a house from a bit of wood. I can't remember how I carved it, but it looks as though a blade was involved rather than abrasives. The chimney as attached with a nail - my hammering technique hasn't improved mush over the years!

The weird thing is, I don't think this is the finished model. I seem to recall this was a test and I built another which had windows scribed in the surface and a blackboard paint coloured roof. I've no idea what happened to that one, but at least this survives - probably the earliest model I even built!

No comments: