Thursday, December 31, 2020

Spin me round like a painty, Steampunk turntable in BRM

 

How do you make a turntable rotate? I show you in the latest issue of BRM using a couple of different, easy-to-build kits. 

Mind you, the Peco turntable presented some problems. How are you supposed to bring three segments of the pit together simultaneously so they can all interlock, with only two hands? Do the Boyz from Beer have an extra limb for this sort of thing? 

In the review section, I take a look at the Bassett-Lowke Steampunk range of locos, rolling stock, figures, greeble and paint. They give me this stuff because I'm not grown-up enough for serious trains and also, I asked for it - Steampunk is fun!

Finally, over on the DVD, a little piece about bodging while painting models. 

February 2021 British Railway Modelling on RMweb.


No comments: