Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Santas and reindeer

 

For a laser-cut sleigh, I need laser-cut reindeer and handily, HGLW produce a couple of sets. I ordered one with and one without Rudolph. 

Assembly simply requires layering the parts with some PVA and then fitting the antlers on the top of the heads. A bit of sanding sealer, some red paint and it's job done. 

Definitely, the oddest laser-cut kits I've ever built!

Finally, some Santa's.


Resin figures that just required painting. The taller one is 16mm scale, his diminutive friend is G. 

All of this for some final festive images: 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I suspect that a number of people round here might prefer the first version - complete with a loco, whose prototype would be powered by one of Dr. Rudolph Diesel's eponymous "compression - ignition" engines.

James Finister said...

I can see scope for some automata style animation.

I'm sure I've also seen an article in the past about using those sorts of plywood laminations to make true 3D 16mm animals, as you would make a bread and butter boat hull

James Finister said...

Anon, singalong "Lanz, the hot bulb engine, had a very noisy beat..."