Monday, January 29, 2024

Getting out on the new track


Another "I've been running steam trains" post I'm afraid. Actually, I'm not. The social side of large scale railways is something I'm keen to develop. It gets me away from the computer, and away from work, even if this is a bit of a bussmans holidy. 

The Saturday running session was the first regular use of the Outdoors@l&WMRS.co.uk circuit. My 16mm models were restricted to the outer track, where the spacing is a little more generous. That suits me, however it was a windy day, and one corner of the circuit is quite exposed. As we rounded the corner, suddenly my very light four-wheel coaches were blown onto their sides. 

Hastily packed them away, I carried on running light engine, with both my Peckett and Ragleth. Both behaved well, despite others misgivings about getting the models to light on a cooler day. A propane/butane mix fired up easily enough - I don't know what the fuss is about. 

A hour and half's running, and we repaired to the pub for lunch, a good say had by all. If you'd like to join us, hit the link above and get in touch. 




No comments: