Monday, January 15, 2024

Musical TB4 - Part 1

 

Surely a musical Thunderbird 4 shouldn't morph into a major time-consuming project? After all, I only paid four quid for it, so the end result doesn't have to be that special. 

Imai's CD Boy TB-4 kit is designed to be easy to assemble. Pretty much clip together with no painting. 

One snag is that there should be some axles, and a couple of self-tapping screws in the bag, but these were missing, as the kit was shop soiled. Not a problem, I'm not worried about wheels, and suitable screws were found in my drawer of bits. 


More of an issue is that the circuit board takes a G8 battery, the one supplied in the kit is furry, and I could only find a G10, which is thicker. It goes in with a shove that breaks the board, but proves the circuit works. Shine a light in the bottom of the model, and it plays the Thunderbirds theme tune. Until it packed up. I decided I didn't care as the noise was getting on my nerves. 

After this, there is a bit of pre-painting for chubby Gordon Tracey, and some vents I decided would look better silver (as per the real TB4) than yellow.

No comments: