Saturday, August 14, 2010

Killin Pug part 1 in Hornby Magazine

September's Hornby Magazine sees a first for my Parker's Guide column - a proper 2 part article. The reason is that the subject is a locomotive kit, Deans Sidings resin bodied Killin Pug.

What's clever (well I think so anyway) is that at the end of each article I finish with a complete model. Part one shows building the basic kit onto the intended Hornby 0-4-0 chassis. In part 2 I get a lot more finescale.

The kit itself is lovely. You get a top quality resin body with some well cast whitemetal bits. I reckon 5 hours would take you from kit to finished loco. Add in about 10 minutes for spraying black and a bit more for transfers. Hardly a huge job by any ones standards. Hugely satisfying too.

The bad news is that I make it into the magazine in person. Page 15 shows me gurning at punter attending Hornby Live. For those of a nervous disposition, you'll be pleased to know that I'm mostly tucked in the fold between the pages...

No comments: