Monday, June 08, 2015

Huntingdale and Grange

I don't normally buy Continental Modeller magazine - I'll flick through it in Smiths most months to see if there is any inspirational On30 stuff, but most of the time it stays on the shelf.

Diesel on viaduct

This month, I received an e-mail from Andrew Emmett to alert me to the first part of an article on Kevin Kavanagh's model, Huntingdale and Grange appearing in the pages.

When I visited Aus last year, this was the first true, native layout I was taken to see - and what an introduction it was! The room is huge and the layout runs all around the sides with a spur in the middle. We just don't do this sort of thing in the UK.

484

Anyway, seeing the model in the magazine reminded me of those warm but fascinating days last year and I decided to dig out some of the photos I took. The 4 here all required focus stacking to keep everything sharp, so large are the scene. I've finally processed them all and present them here. You can click on each for a larger view.

Railcar in station

What I can't be responsible for is UK modellers deciding to up-sticks and move "down-under" for extra space...

Turntable

No comments: