Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hornby Mag - October double Phil

This month's copy of Hornby Magazine drops through the letterbox and I find that it is an especially good issue for me. Two articles - Parker's Guide on Whitemetal wagon building and a Beginner's guide to detailing up a Heljan class 37 and 47.

These last two models were what I built my little display track for a few weeks ago for. In fact the Class 37 in the article is the one posed on the display for the final blog photo. What you can't see in the mag is thanks to the power of computer fiddling I extended the grass electronically to the side for a better photo. It was either that or make the display about 3 feet wide !

I'm in good company too. The mag starts with a piece on James May's attempt to build a 10 mile long model railway. May is the good one from Top Gear, the one you could imagine going down the pub with to drink proper beer. I've enjoyed his TV stuff and his books. Even the Telepgraph column is worth a read although I'm far too much of a leftie to buy the paper but read it on-line.

No comments: