Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Warehouse Wednesday: Manx stone lockups

Manx lockups

Spotted in the back streets of Laxey, these rather nice lockups. I'm not sure I can call them garages as I suspect they were originally built for the local fisherman or farmers. They are definitely industrial buildings of some sort and now exist as workshops. 

I like the collection of doors and feel that they could fit in on many layouts providing a nice bit of colour. The roof isn't original, but modellers could use slates.

Looking along the row, the furthest from the camera appears to have been converted with either a nice big window or very post door. One of the things I like about the IOM is that buildings like this still have a proper "working" use rather than being turned into posh apartments.

No comments: