Friday, March 27, 2020

Heritage Lego VeeDubs

HO scale Lego vans

I've always loved Lego and always loved VWs, so combine the two and I'm a happy man. 

These two VW panel vans date from the 1961-67 period when Lego made a range of HO scale vehicles. There were pickups and minibus versions of this model in a variety of colours. 

Made from acetate with metal wheels, neither model is perfect, but as I paid a pittance for them, I'm not going to complain. Sometimes you just get lucky on a second-hand stall and for once I did. Maybe a sensible person would ship them straight off to eBay for a decent profit, but not me. I really like these little models, which is surely what collecting is all about.


These weren't the only Lego models picked up at the time, I'm now the proud owner of some of a few Bedford lorries. 



These have suffered badly from the plastic warping over time. With nothing to lose, I'm wondering about a hot bath for the worst affected. Again, I can't complain as the oldest could be over 60 years old, and plastic technology wasn't as advanced back then, as anyone who owns any Tri-ang short coaches will know!

No comments: