Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday Film Club: A history of Lego trains



After yesterday's collectables, let's have some more bricks from Denmark. 

This film is mesmerising if you were a Lego building child. I remember some of the sets shown in the middle of this. Mostly remembering that I wished my parents could afford to buy me some of them. I did have the blue rails, but no points, so my trains had to circle rather than shunt. As ever, it was the building that interested me more than operating anyway...

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Phil, thank you — this takes me back a few years! I had components dating back to 1967, and even had a pair of turnouts and right-angled crossings. I think I had the level crossing as well and at least one semaphore signal. I am not sure what has survived the test of time? Presumably it’s still in the loft?...

Michael Campbell said...

I had the 1985 steam cargo train (12 mins), had lots of fun with that. In fact I still have it, my son gets it out sometimes. The rubber tyres fell off and it needs a push start, but he still finds it fun. That's what it's about?