Monday, July 08, 2013

Brede in World of Model Boating

Time for the Brede Lifeboat to make its appearance in print. The full story of the build appears in the Bookazine "World of Model Boating", a spin-off from Model Boats magazine.

It's odd to see the article in print. This was at times, a hugely frustrating build. When I say the windows held me up to for a couple of days, I really mean it. With a deadline looming, this was more stressful than modelmaking should be.

Now, I see the piece on the page and it's like it never happened. The photos look good so the pain is forgotten. I suspect childbirth is a bit like this otherwise you'd never have two children...

There are loads of interesting articles between the covers but the one that fascinates me is the selection of Model Boat magazine covers from the 60s. While we now enjoy full-colour photos every time, then the reader would see a dynamic image produced by the in-house graphic artist. I can't help feeling we've lost something somehow...

1 comment:

Stuart Firth said...

That old cover looks just like a Model Railway News from the '60's -Maybe the same publisher....