Saturday, July 13, 2013

Goblin war railcar

RailCatapult

I'd forgotten I'd built this. Constructed from a Games Workshop Goblin catapult and quite a bit of scratchbuilding, it's a bit of an oddity.

Once upon a time I had an idea for building a fantasy railway layout. The Goblins and Warlocks Railway (GWR - geddit?) would make use of all the lovely castings and imaginative features that role playing gamers have access to. To be honest, I've always wondered why none of them have ever produced a fantasy train.

For the moment, the rolling stock is this and a couple of wagons, but maybe one day...

1 comment:

Andy in Germany said...

I like it. Trackside clearances may be an issue though, but It'llkeep rivet counters at bay.

I've often had dreams of making a Steampunk style layout, probably with the accent on a story and a few thing made slightly different 'alternate history' rather than a full-blown 'fantasy' approach.

I'm working on something that may come under that with Eldest Son, albeit painfully slowly.