Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Norwegian Blue water tower?

Dead Water tower

'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

A complaint?

Yes. I wish to complain about this Great Western water tower that I installed on my layout just 2 days ago.

Oh yes, the, uh, the resin model. What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Look, matey, I know a dead water tower when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable model the Great Western water tower, idn'it, ay? Beautiful  light and dark stone paint finish!

The paint finish, either light OR dark don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Hmmm. What I do know is that when I unpacked Edgeworth for testing, the Skaledale water tower had snapped in half. It's a bit of a mystery since as far as I can tell, nothing hit it while I packed the boards up.

Maybe the layout was swung around too violently at one point and the heavy tank top caused the stem to snap?

Anyway, at the show, I drilled out the top and bottom so I could stuff a length of brass wire in the centre and then made good the repair with some pound shop epoxy. Well, sort of made good. The stem now shows a crack and is slightly bent. Time for some filler me thinks.

No comments: