Sunday, October 30, 2016

Meet Holly the seahound

 
Browsing the Real Model Pilots stand, I couldn't resist this character - a dog wearing a flying helmet and lifejacket holding a steering wheel. 

I've no idea what she's going to be driving but I'm thinking some sort of speedboat. 

3D printed, despite being 11cm tall, she only weighs 33g. This is because the range is designed for model aircraft where weight is a vital consideration. As it happens, this is a good thing for my project as a tall and heavy figure would be unstable on the water. 


The printing is fairly coarse but from a distance this won't matter. The fly-boys will be even less worried most of the time.

For the moment, Holly sits on the shelf, but one day I'll pick up a hull ideal for her. One to add to the Model Boat Show shopping list in a few weeks time I think...


1 comment:

Huw Griffiths said...

I wonder how long it'll be before we meet this character's suilline friend, "Piggles".