Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Model locomotives at Statfold Barn

 

Barclay steam loco

A couple of weeks ago, visting Statfold Barn for their big operating day, I paused photographing the wonderful collection of narrow gauge locos, for a breather in the cool exhibition hall. 

There's always something interesting to see, but half-way up the stairs, I spotted these two models. I've always had an interest in models produced by manufacturers, and it's nice to see these have found a safe home. 

Sadly, I don't know any more than the top one is a Barclay (the plate is too small to read in the photo) and the bottom is a Channel Tunnel loco. Something to looking into properly next time I visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Channel Tunnel loco was scratchbuilt by Mike Edge, according to his blog on RMWeb.There's a photo of it on there where the conversation is about silver soldering.

David

Neil Mos said...

Phil, it is a model of one the rack battery locos that were used to take segment and other materials down the Shakespeare cliff adit to pit bottom. I was at Channel Tunnel during a hiatus in railway modelling so I didn't pay much attention to the locomotives other than counting them for a time and motion study of the spoil trains in the Marine Service Tunnel.
Neil M