Sunday, June 11, 2023

Railway Collectors Association - Gaydon 2023

Most shows don't involve walking through a car park full of Jaguars, but when the event takes place at the Motor Museum, Gaydon, it's par for the course. Apparently, a montly meet of people for whom the sort of cash we pay for collectables is small change...

The railway collectors assoction covers all scales, with everything from N to G2 represented.A few had brought along displays intended to show off their collection, but most were using model trains as model trains should be used - rattling around oval tracks!

Of course, the main even is the trade, and even in a small space, there was planty to buy. 25 traders, with generous tables heaving with temptation, were keen to take your money. Prices seemed very reasonable - a bonus for those who don't think collecting stops at eBay. 


I often wonder how I'd get on at a show if money (and space) were no object. Often, it would make very little difference, but this time, I'd have filled the back of the car with some very tidy Tri-ang Big-Big train sets for a start. 

All good fun. I picked up some useful contacts too. Now I know where to get a 3D printed fan for a Battlespace Turbo car from. Well, if I can find the leaflet again I will.

Oh, and when I left, the Jags had been replaced by a line of Lamborghini's.



1 comment:

James Finister said...

We have a friend whose car has a "My other car is a Lamborghini" sticker - on the back of his other Lamborghini. We parked our old Toyota IQ next to it.

I was at a private car collection in Australia where they said it was impossible to value it, because sometimes it went up in value by a million pounds overnight.

Keeping the car connection, we once owned the ex-Healey family B-L locos. I don't remember them ever been run after we moved from Coventry in around '64.