Saturday, August 13, 2011

Class 153 and cardboard house in Hornby Magazine

It's a bit modern image for me this time in the September 2011 issue of Hornby Magazine. For the £20 project I've done a little detailing on a Class 153 railcar. The Hornby model is excellent and to be honest my work is mostly confined to putting in some passengers and re-hanging the snow ploughs. A bit of final dirt and the job is done.

That's not to say this isn't a magazine worthy project. For lots of people even going this far is scary, so it's important to give them an easy lead in to some basic modelling. Once upon a time we all cut our teeth and fingers detailing RTR stuff but the modern products don't need as much work.

Elsewhere I get on with some card modelling with a Howard Scenics kit for some terraced houses. It's the simplest one in the range yet the results look very impressive. I know you can buy resin building now but I really like these. In the flesh (card ?) the model looks great. If you don't fancy hacking away at a plastic loco, perhaps this will be more tempting ?

Card House

No comments: