Here's a surprise. Look back to December 2011 and you can read how a model I built of a Korean Turtle Boat sank during its first tests on the lake.
At the time I spent an hour or so poking around in the water with a big net but didn't find any trace of it. Sad, but this is the risk you take putting a model boat on the water. It wasn't something I'd spent many months building so I decided to chalk it up to experience - the lesson being that when you try to retrieve a boat, use a net and not a pole with a hook on the end of it.
Anyway, I was sitting in a rather nice Italian restaurant on Monday and recieved a text with the picture shown here in it.
My boat had been found by the grand daughter of the lady who owns the farm has been paddling in the lake with some friends and found some boats on the bottom - 3 of them including mine! As you can see, it's a bit muddy but as far as I can tell intact.
Back home, the model have been well washed and looks pretty good for a model that has been under water for nearly 3 years. The electrics don't seem to work but then that's hardly surprising. Something is rattling around in the hull too.
Not to worry, when I get a minute I'll try and take it to pieces and see what the story is inside. If I could make it work again, that really would be a story...