Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Warehouse Wednesday: Suburban Villa


This house isn't very far from where I live and every time I pass it, which is quite often as it's on the bus route into town, I think "That looks like something out of a Beal or Ahern book."

While photographing a building from the pavement is legal, it does look a bit odd to the owners. However, since the property is currently for sale and empty, I thought it a good time to bag a shot.

Pretty much a classic suburban villa, the house hasn't seen much in the way of alteration. OK, the windows would probably have been steel framed in the past, but the double glazing isn't unsympathetic.

Annoyingly, I can't find much close from either of the authors mentioned, but I'm sure this could easily be a Bilteezi kit.

3 comments:

James Finister said...

Looks more Aifix/Dapol ish to me?

Andy in Germany said...

That reminds me of a German friend visiting my parents who live in an estate of houses a lot like that.
As they turned into their street my dad said "Our house is down here"
My friend, looking at the endless vista of near identical houses:
"How can you tell?"

Jason said...

I agree with James. Looks very similar to the Airfix/Dapol Detached House kit.