Thursday, November 15, 2018

Garden Rail December 2018


It's funny how themes develop when putting a magazine together. Purely by chance, I found myself with a couple of articles where the writers talk about garden railways for youngsters. One of these is a layout that is possibly the simplest we've ever featured, but has an interesting story to tell - and one that a lot of people (I suspect) will relate to.

We've also got a WW1 theme with a piece on modelling interesting rolling stock as well as a review of Accucrafts Hunslet.

And of course, it's Christmas and I've always wanted to do a gift guide. A few e-mails to regular contributors and I had a list Santa will be delighted to receive. To illustrate this, of course, I needed a suitable image. Which is why, despite being off cakes at the moment, I bought 2 boxes of mince pies.


Two, because my first attempt didn't look right when the magazine came back from the designer. Boxes, because it seems you can't just buy a single mince pie. The bigger problem is, I don't like them very much!

More details on RMweb. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youcan buy single mince pies by supporting your local baker
Richard

Phil Parker said...

If I had one, I would. Sadly, the nearest we seem to have around here is Greggs and that doesn't count. That and a shop selling egg-free dessert cakes. The lack of baker provision does sadden me, although (trying to be) healthy Phil probably shouldn't worry too much.