Monday, November 12, 2018

Superstructure design. Hmmm.


The "kit" is supplied with a plan for everything apart from the hull, leaving the modeller to cut up some plastic sheet and build the thing themselves. Maybe the plastic was included, but if it was, I've lost it. No worries, there's plenty more in stock.

Before committing myself to good materials though, I mocked the parts up in cornflake packet card.

I'm glad I did. The drawings didn't look promising, but rendered in 3D, I'd say this was from the 5-year-old with crayons school of design. It looks awful to my eyes, and not just mine either. Trawling through old photos from model boat shows, I found a couple of these kits made up.


There are some similarities, but not many. Even 14-year-old Olly decided he could do a better job, and did.

So, back to the drawing board for this one.

1 comment:

James Finister said...

How about this? https://globalnews.ca/news/4308464/new-brunswick-mini-tugboat/