I've been HERE before. Trying to do up the grub screw at the base of a worm gear and wishing I had a tiny screwdriver bent at a right angle.
For a change, the solution was simple - drill a hole big enough for a tiny jewelers screwdriver to poke through the end of the chassis. This bit will be hidden behind a honking great bufferbeam so no one will see it.
Setting up the gears is a bit of a rigmarole. The order seems to be:
- Fit motor but leave it loose
- Slide brass gear along to the centre of the axle
- Fit worm gear
- Slide motor so the gears mesh
- Do up the back screw to hold the motor in place
- Side the brass gear out of the way
- Tighten second motor screw
- Return brass gear to the centre and tighten the grub screw up