Friday, October 23, 2015
One of the hardest jobs on this boat has been the brackets holding the wooden bumpers on the front.
The faces of the wood should both be facing forward but the hull at this point curves. I ended up bodging away with layers of plasticard building up the side supports until everything was in the right place.
Lashings of plastic solvent and some sanding later, they don't look too bad. The real things are pretty tatty so with a bit of weathering, hopefully I'll get away with it.
The wood will be held on with fake bolts. For the photo I used Deluxe Materials Tacky Wax which proved to be strong enough for a temporary fit.